Thursday, 18 August 2016

Just A Girl.

You realize of course, that a great idea, whilst uplifting and good for you can quickly unravel in the details. 
What starts as that tiny little shiver in your mind starts to glow and wisps of smoke appear as you project the future yes-ness of that one idea.
But of course without fuel that idea will eventually falter, dim, extinguish itself.

I want to start writing again. I so miss putting words together on a page.

Here I am confronted by the mocking blank page.

To relaunch my Chronicle’s requires a story to tell. A quest, an adventure, a hook, an angle. And straight away I am confronted by a former blog demon – a way to categorize, to know which audience to target.

I am a girl without a category. Always have been.

I was perusing the mommy blogger sites, those titan heavyweights of breakfast cereal and domestic disaster blogging. Seems if you live a healthy lifestyle, give tips on how to mix stuff with yogurt to make it taste like ice cream, or you happen to invent a sick child, you have it made, daily fodder for millions.

My overriding problem right now is I’m just not that into anything to sit and write a dedicated 3000 words a week on any given subject.

Flotsam and Jetsam should have been my middle names.

To define oneself, to take a serious look at the material of your mind, well that takes practice, which is why most blog writers falter and stray away to other less demanding pursuits.

In my last session of the chronicles I had a cast, star studded with the most over the top characters, all real life people bent on their own destruction. It gave me reams of fodder. And now I live a life less Dante – esque.

There are of course exceptions to this, I do still have those few who will at some stage inspire me to describe them and their antics in vitriolic detail.
I still encounter in everyday life people whose personalities are given one word descriptors,

The Vituperative, the Lachrymose, The Odious, The Insouciant and the man who can be positively Pecksniffian in his manner. They will all at some stage feature in my writings, how could I not take literary advantage of such encounters.


But to categorise me right from the start, Gwen Stefani said it best – “I’m just girl in the world….”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line.